Terms and Conditions:
IMAGO Shopping Mall ‘Hope’ Kaamatan Video Contest (“Contest”) is organised by IMAGO Shopping Mall Management (“Organiser”).
- The contest is open to all individuals who are legal residents in Malaysia aged 18 and above.
- Employers, employees and their immediate family member of the Organiser, Asian Pac Holdings BHD and its subsidiaries and associate companies are not eligible to participate in this contest. All advertisement agencies of the Organiser, IMAGO, Asian Pac Holdings Bhd and its subsidiaries, associates and participating outlet are not eligible for this contest.
- This contest commences on 25 March 2018 and ends on 17 May 2019 (“Contest Period”).
How to participate:
- Contestants need to register at IMAGO Shopping Mall’s Concierge counter with the registration fee, RM50 (will be donated to Hope Express Charity).
- Contestants shall submit the video via our Concierge at Ground Floor of IMAGO Shopping Mall.
- All information written in the submission form by the contestant must be complete, true and correct.
Submission must consist of:
Video in DVD or Thumbdrive
Film stills (print quality)
Synopsis in English (not more than 200 words)
Director Biography (not more than 150 words)
*All copies are not returnable
- Each entry is limited to one video, but there is no limit to the number of video by each entrant.
- Application form provided at IMAGO Shopping Mall’s Concierge Counter located at the Main Entrance of the mall and can be download via Official Imago Shopping Mall’s Facebook Page and Website.
- Registration starts from 10am, 25 March 2019 to 10pm, 25 April 2019 (32 days).
- Payment of registration fee can be done at IMAGO Shopping Mall’s Concierge Counter together with the registration form.
- Entries submission are to be received by the contest committee from 10am, 13th May to 9pm, 17 May 2019 (5 days). Entries submitted after the contest period shall be disqualified.
All entries must be produced on or after 1 January 2019.
All components of the film must be the original creative content/production of the contestant. If entry is found to be stolen/copied from other sources other than the participant’s, the entry will be disqualified.
All entries MUST NOT have been screened on the internet or any other form of media, and MUST NOT summited before through other medium for commercial, festival or non-profit purposes before the completion of the festival. Films that have been screened and submitted prior to this Contest will not be considered for the competition.
The contest accepts any genre short films.
- Contestants shall submit an original short film of their own work that is not less than three (3) minutes duration and not longer than five (5) minutes screening time including beginning and end credits. Films with exceeding the time limit will be disqualified.
The film dialogue may be in any vernacular languages spoken in Malaysia but must have subtitles in English
Entries shall not contain any profanity, nudity, pornographic images or explicit sexual themes, graphic violence, defamatory or libellous statements or material deemed. Entries which are deemed inappropriate or infringe any intellectual property rights or other rights shall also be disqualified. The organiser and judges of the contest have the sole discretion to make any decisions and any decisions made are final.
Each entry shall be an original work which is under no restriction, contractual or otherwise, that shall prevent the use of the film by the contest organiser. All productions must be free of any encumbrances, liens and claims by third parties. The contestant must acknowledge and confirm that nothing in the film infringes on any intellectual property rights including but not limited to, copyrights or trademarks, or violates any person’s rights of privacy or publicity, and that all necessary releases, licenses and permissions have been secured by the contestant.
- Entries will be judged by the Organiser based on the most inspiring story.
- The Grand winner from the top 5 selected short films will be decided through an online voting system: 60% by juries and 40% by general public through Facebook.
1st Prize : RM 15,000.00 + Trophy + Certificate
2nd Prize : RM 3,000.00 + Trophy + Certificate
3rd Prize : RM 1,000.00 + Trophy + Certificate
Commendable prizes (x2) : RM 500.00 + Trophy + Certificate
- The Organiser, Imago Shopping Mall will contact all Shortlisted Participants and Finalist(s) on 25 May 2019 by:
- Notified through Imago Shopping Mall Official Facebook page;
- Notified through email or on mobile phone, using the contact detail provided on the submission Form by the participants. If for any reason the selected Shortlisted(s) or Winner(s) cannot be reached after reasonable attempt has been made, the judges will select the next film.
- Prize presentation will be on 30 May 2019 and should any prize winner be unavailable to attend the event, a representative must be made available.
- The films of the winners will be screened during the prize presentation on 30 May 2019.
- Contestant of the abovementioned winning films must agree to this additional screening.
- The top 5 finalist will need to provide the following additional items, as soon as their selection is notified:
- A picture and a filmography of the director
- At least 3 movie stills/pictures from the film (jpeg 300 dpi)
- A poster and trailer (if possible) of the short film.
A. The Organiser, its employees, promoters, or program organisers shall not be liable for any loss, damage, or any injury that may be sustained by the contestants or by any person in connection with the Contest. All contestants assume liability for any loss, injury, damage or claim that may arise from participating in the Contest or use or redemption of any prize.
C. Winner may be required to participate in a photo-taking session during the issuance of the Prize. Pictures captured may be used for commercial marketing purposes.
D. In the event if the prize is being awarded to the contestant having provided false or mistaken identity or information, the Organiser has the right to revoke the contestant’s eligibility for the said prize.
E. The Organiser reserve the right to redistribute any unclaimed prizes to other participants/contestants.
F. Prize shown and/or represented for the running of this Contest shall be subject to availability and the Organiser reserve the right to change the prize to another item with equal value without prior notice. Prize given is non-refundable. Quality issues with regards to the condition of the Prize is subject to the warranty process provided by the relevant supplier/manufacturer of the said prize item that includes repairs, replacement and/or exchange for a new or equivalent item.
G. Prize winner shall not substitute the prize won or exchange the said Prize for money. Organiser reserves all rights in its sole discretion to substitute the prize (or prize component, if applicable) with one of equal or greater value. Organiser is responsible only for the delivery of the Prize and is not responsible for the condition, quality and fitness of the said Prize. Any imposition of taxes, fees, and any other costs associated with the acceptance and use of the Prize is the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
H. In accepting the Prize, the winner agrees to participate and co-operate as required in all editorial activities relating to the Contest. The winner agrees to grant Organiser a perpetual and non-exclusive license to use such films, footage and photographs, voice, biographical information and/or statements, at any time or times, in all media types worldwide for advertising, trade, publicity and promotional purposes and the winner will not be entitled to any fee for such use.
I. The Contestants agree to discharge and release both organisers from any liabilities and claims (including from breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of actions at law or equity) arising out of or in any way connected to this contest or to the Contestants’ entry in the contest.
J. The Contestants further agree to discharge and release any third party which is related to and connected with this Contest, including Facebook and Instagram, from any liabilities and claims (including from breach of contract, tort, negligence or any other cause of actions at law or equity) arising out of or in any way connected to this contest or to the Contestant’s entry in the contest.
K. The Organisers reserves all the rights at all times to modify or amend the Terms and Conditions of this Contest or to cancel it with immediate effect without giving any prior notice to any party. Please be advised that all materials posted on site are subjected to public downloading and viewing by third party viewers
L. If contestant’s film is shortlisted for the finals, contestant is agreeing to withhold it from distribution, publication or exposure for three (3) months after the completion of the festival in any other media by the contestant or any other parties whether locally, nationally or internationally, except by Imago Shopping Mall, Asian Pac Holdings Bhd and its subsidiaries.
M. All submitted video entries become the property of Asianpac Holding Berhad or its subsidiaries and may be used for purposes of publicity across all media platforms at any time.
N. All photos and CDs submitted are non-returnable and shall become the property of the Organiser and may use them for promotional, publishing and exhibition purposes without notification and payment to the contestants.
O. The film must not contain any copyrighted work(s) belonging to third parties unless (1) Participants have a license to use such works in the Film; or (2) Film makes of such works is a fair one under the copyright laws. Participants will retain any licenses and provide them to Organiser upon request. Any use of copyright material in any form (e.g. music, image, logo, location etc) in the video entry is the responsibility of The Contestants and prior written authorisation must be obtained prior to use.
P. The Organiser shall not be responsible or liable for any loss, damage, claims, costs or expenses incurred in the production or delivery of the film entries.
Q. The contestants covenants and agrees to indemnify and keep the Organiser and/or its company and/or its holding company, subsidiaries and associate companies indemnified against all or any losses, costs, expenses, charges, damages, claims or demands of whatsoever nature that the Organiser and/or its company and/or its holding company, subsidiaries and associate companies may at any time sustain suffer or incur in connection with or arising out of a breach of any of the laws, regulations and terms and conditions stated herein by the contestants.
R. Each Entry that is in compliance with these Rules will be reviewed by a panel of judges to be determined by Imago Shopping Mall. All decision of IMAGO Shopping Mall and the judges are final and binding. No enquiries on the said decision shall be entertained.
S. By participating in Imago Kaamatan Video Contest - Hope, the contestants agree to be bound by these term and conditions. Any winner(s) thereafter found to have violated any of the rules and regulations will be stripped off the title and prize(s) shall be refunded and/or returned to the Organiser in full and subjected to a penalty.